Laminate Floors are one of the best and most popular types of floors that are used in many houses all over the world. It is incredibly durable and cost-effective. You might have also installed it in your homes, offices, etc. as it is inexpensive and has got lots of benefits. Laminate floors have a long history and some of you might have not been even born when it was invented.
Furthermore, it is very easy to install and it comes with a beautiful design. It doesn’t get scratched easily and can be cleaned easily. Laminate floors might be great and durable but that doesn’t mean that it is completely dust and stain-resistant.
It does require care and maintenance from time to time. It can be quite difficult to clean the laminate floor as it can get scratched easily with dirt and it is sensitive to heat and moisture as well. But for the longevity of the laminate floors, you must know how to properly clean the floor.
There are some steam mops that do an excellent job of cleaning and sanitizing the floors. Steam mops are very great as compared to traditional mop in soo many ways as it saves a lot of effort and time.
We have prepared a list of steam mops that are best for cleaning laminate floors. Make sure to read the article until the end to fully understand what type of steam mop should you buy for your laminate floor and you will also know if there are other best ways to clean the laminate floor as well. So, without further ado let’s get right into it.
Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop
The Shark Genius Steam Pocket Mop is the best steam mop for cleaning laminate floors. It does an incredible job cleaning your laminate floor as it can remove tough stains and dirt with ease. It’s quite easy to assemble and use.
This steam mop doesn’t require any chemicals as all you will need is distilled or demineralized water. As you might already know, laminate floors are not able to withstand much heat and moisture so you might be worried that this steam mop could damage the floor. However, you mustn’t worry at all as it offers three different settings i.e. Low, Med, and Hi.
This steam mop allows the user to control the intensity and amount of steam so you won’t have to worry about damaging your laminate floors. We recommend you use this steam mop on a low setting as it is ideal for cleaning delicate surfaces such as laminate, hardwood, and marble floors.
You can damage your laminate floors if you use the steam mop in Med or Hi setting because in this setting the equipment produces a lot of steam which generates a lot of heat. Furthermore, you can also use this steam mop to sanitize the floor such as tile, stone, hardwood, and marble by using the steam mop in the Hi setting.
It uses microfiber and double-sided mop pads so you won’t have to worry about damaging or scratching your laminate floors. The mop pads are very durable, machine washable, and reusable.
One cool feature about these mop pads is that they can be flipped so even if one side gets dirty you just have to simply flip the mop pads and start cleaning with another clean side of the mop pads. But it is recommended that you should replace the mop pads once every three months. You don’t have to worry as it can be bought at a very cheap price at the market.
Moreover, you can clean a larger area with this steam mop as the length of its power cord is 22 ft. the water reservoir can hold up to 350 ml/11.8 ounces of water which means that you won’t have to waste your time refilling your steam mops in the middle of cleaning.
But one thing you must never do is use bleach, powdered detergent, or fabric softeners instead of distilled or demineralized water. It is about 6 lbs heavy and unlike most steam mops, it has a circular handle which increases the maneuverability of the user greatly.
This steam mop doesn’t put much strain on your body and you won’t have to put any effort into cleaning the laminate floor as it will do the job for you.
- It is very easy to assemble and user-friendly.
- It is versatile and can be used on various surfaces as it allows the user to control the intensity and amount of steam.
- The double-sided mop pads are very effective and innovative.
- As the mop pads are washable and reusable, you won’t have to spend a lot of money on buying mop pads again and again.
- It is very lightweight and maneuverable so, it doesn’t put much strain on the user’s body.
- Additionally, it is eco-friendly and doesn’t produce much noise so you won’t have to worry about your pets and children.
- In most steam mops, you have to be very careful while removing the mop pads after use as it is very hot. But, you won’t even have to touch the mop pads to remove or attach the mop pads by simply pressing the button on the handle of this model.
- One major drawback of this steam mop is that it doesn’t stand in an upright position on its own so the user has to be extra careful not to drop the steam mop as it can seriously damage it.
- Even though the power cord is long, it could be longer as the user might have to buy an extension cord for cleaning bigger areas.
- While the mop head is flexible, it might be too flexible for some users as it gets swiveled with little force.
Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop
Are you tired of mopping your floor with a heavy traditional mop? It is super lightweight as it weighs only 3.5 pounds. It is highly maneuverable due to its round handle and lightweight.
This steam mop does an incredible job cleaning your laminate floors. With the swivel steering feature, you can easily control the steam by simply pressing the button so you won’t have to worry about damaging your laminate floors. Just like the above-mentioned steam mop, it requires distilled water or demineralized water for cleaning. But make sure to not use other chemicals or liquids as they can damage the equipment.
It is quite versatile as you can use this mop on other types of surfaces as well such as tile, hardwood, ceramic, marble, vinyl, carpet, linoleum, and stone.
Similarly, it uses microfiber steam mop pads so you won’t have to worry about scratching or damaging the floor. The mop pads are washable and can be reused for future use. But you should replace your mop pads once every three months as it loses their efficiency.
\The mop heads are flexible and their mop face is quite wide so you will be able to clean your floor much quicker. It comes with a carpet glider so you won’t have to worry about cleaning your carpet.
It can hold about 220 ml/7.4 ounces of water in the water reservoir which is not a lot compared to other steam mops. The power cord is also only 20 ft long but it is still quite long enough for most houses.
Talking about its height, it is 48.5 in/4.04 ft tall so you won’t have to bend and put a lot of strain on your back while using this equipment.
But be careful not to steam the same spot for a longer period of time as it generates a lot of heat and can damage your laminate floor. Even though it is light, it does a good job cleaning tough stains with very little effort.
- This steam mop is super light and easy to maneuver so it doesn’t put a lot of strain on your body.
- It is very versatile and can be used on various surfaces at your house. It is highly efficient and it only requires about 20-30 seconds in order to produce steam.
- It is quite cheap as compared to other steam mops.
- The mop pads are washable and reusable so you won’t have to waste money buying the mop pads time and again.
- The water reservoir doesn’t hold much water so you might refill the water time and again while cleaning the floor.
- Also, the power cord is not very long so you might have to buy an extension cord to clean larger areas.
- One major flaw of this steam mop is that it doesn’t have an on/off switch so you must completely unplug the device to turn it off which can be fatal during an emergency.
Shark Steam Pocket Mop
The Shark Steam Steam Pocket Mop is another best steam mops for laminate floors. It is lightweight and easy to use. Many of you might be worried as it doesn’t have the steam control feature.
However, you mustn’t worry because the default steam that it produces is gentle and it doesn’t harm your laminate floor. But we recommend you not to use the steam mop on the same area for a longer period of time as the heat builds up and it could damage your laminate floors, so make sure you move your steam mop continuously.
It has got a round handle and weighs only about 4.5 lbs so you won’t get tired by moving it continuously. You can adjust the height so you won’t have to worry about comfort and back pain.
It uses microfiber pads to clean the floor so you won’t have to worry about scratching or damaging the floor. The mop pads are washable and can be reused for future use.
But you should replace the mop once every three months as it loses its efficiency over time. One additional feature of this steam mop is that it comes with a carpet glider which can be used with the Rectangle head in order to lightly steam your carpets and rugs.
The water reservoir of the steam mop can hold up to 450 ml/15 ounces of water. You can use tap water to clean the floor but we recommend you use distilled or demineralized water.
It has a short power cord of length 18 ft so you might require an extension cord for cleaning larger areas. In case you decide to buy an extension cord make sure it is rated a minimum of 15 amperes and 14 gage cord.
Additionally, it only requires 30 seconds to heat up so you won’t have to wait for long before the cleaning. You won’t have to worry about the floor being wet for long as the steam dries quickly.
- It is quite inexpensive and can be easily assembled.
- It can hold up to 15 ounces of water at a time so you won’t have to waste your time refilling your steam mop while cleaning.
- It doesn’t produce much noise so you won’t have to worry about scaring your pets and babies.
- It is lightweight and maneuverable.
- The mop pads are washable and reused so it saves a lot of money.
- It doesn’t have an on/off switch so you must completely unplug the device to turn it off which can be fatal during an emergency.
- The power cord is not very long so you might have to buy an extension cord to clean larger areas.
- It comes only with one pad and doesn’t glide across the floor easily. You have to buy extra mop pads.
Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop
Another good steam mop to clean your laminate floor is the Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop. Bissell is one of the popular brands in the house-cleaning market that has a long history. With this steam mop, you won’t only be sanitizing and cleaning the floor but spreading fragrance all over your house.
The steam mop allows the user to control the intensity and amount of steam as it provides three modes i.e, Low, Medium, and High. As you can guess, we recommend you to use low mode while cleaning your laminate floors as the steam produced is gentle and your floor won’t get damaged. Whereas, your laminate floors might get damaged or burnt in other modes as it produces a lot of steam and heat.
Furthermore, it supports fragrance discs and two spring breeze scent discs come together with the package. So, your floor and house will smell fresh after cleaning and you won’t have to buy additional products.
You won’t have to buy additional chemicals or cleaning products as all you will need is tap water but for the longevity of the equipment, we recommend you use distilled or demineralized water.
Additionally, if you want to add more fragrances such as Citrus, Mint, Spring Breeze, and Eucalyptus then you can use scented demineralized water made by Bissell.
As you can control the steam, you can use this steam mop on various surfaces besides laminate floors such as linoleum, ceramic, tile, marble, and granite. It has a wide 12-inch cleaning path so you can clean the floor faster and with the spot boost brush you can easily remove tough stains.
Similarly, it uses a microfiber mop pad so you shouldn’t worry about damaging or scratching your laminate floors. The microfiber pads are washable and can be reused for future use.
However, it loses its efficiency over time so we recommend you replace your mop pads once every three months. Moreover, it has a huge water reservoir that can hold up to 16 ounces of water so you won’t have to worry about constantly filling your steam mop while cleaning.
Also, the power cord is 23 ft long which means that you can clean larger areas with this steam mop and won’t have to buy an extension cord. The steam mop weighs 6 lbs so it won’t put much strain on your body while used.
- It is versatile and can be used on various surfaces.
- It only requires 30 seconds to heat up so you can save a lot of time.
- One cool feature about this steam mop is that it can stand on its own and the water reservoir is removable.
- You can also add fragrance discs to add fragrance to the floor while cleaning.
- The mop pads are washable, durable, and reusable so you won’t have to worry about buying them frequently.
- It can store 19 ounces of water so you won’t have to waste time refilling your steam mop in the middle of cleaning the floor.
- It is highly efficient and cost-effective.
- You can easily maneuver this equipment due to its swivel steering.
- It is not very durable as many customers had to utilize their two-year warranty after purchasing the equipment only for one year.
- The mop pads need to be manually changed so the user might get burnt if they aren’t careful.
ThermaPro Steam Mop
ThermaPro Steam Mop is one of the best steam mops not only for your laminate floors but also for above-floor surfaces as well. This equipment can be detached and used as a handheld unit as well to clean above-floor surfaces.
Furthermore, you can also control the intensity and amount of steam as well. It provides three modes called Low, Medium, and High. As you can already guess, you should use low mode while cleaning your laminate floors as they can get damaged or burnt in high heat.
However, you can still use the other modes on the surface which can withstand heat and moisture. Due to its versatility, you can clean a lot of surfaces like glass, sealed stone, stainless steel, sealed tile/grout, vinyl, marble, ceramics, etc.
Just like other seam mops, it only requires water but we recommend you to use distilled or demineralized water instead of tap water as tap water consists of minerals and the minerals can get deposited in the tank or nozzle and could seriously damage the equipment.
It can store up to 12.8 ounces/380 ml of water in its water reservoir which is quite a descent. Additionally, it can produce steam for 25 minutes straight in the lowest setting and 12 minutes in the highest setting.
This means that it’s very efficient and you can easily complete cleaning your floor without having to refill your steam mops repeatedly while cleaning the floor.
It also uses a microfiber mop pad so you won’t have to worry about scratching or damaging the floor. The mop pads are washable and you can use them for future use. It is super lightweight as it is only 2.2 lbs.
Moreover, it is about 24 inches tall so you won’t have to worry about hurting your back. One good thing about this steam mop is that it comes with a lot of useful accessories which can be used for cleaning various other objects at your house such as carpets rugs, glasses, etc. The power cord is only 15.9 ft long so you might have to buy an extensive one if you have a larger floor to clean.
- It is quite cheap compared to other steam mops that are listed here.
- It holds a good amount of water for cleaning so you won’t have to refill your steam mop time and again while cleaning your floor.
- It is very versatile and can be used to clean various objects at your home.
- It is super lightweight and can be easily maneuvered.
- You can adjust the steam as per your need.
- It comes with a lot of useful cleaning accessories.
- The mop pads can be washed and reused so you won’t have to worry about replacing them time and again.
- Its folding features don’t always function properly.
- The built-in handheld steamer is a bit heavy so you might feel difficulty cleaning it.
- One major flaw of this equipment is that the mop pads don’t glide flawlessly and they might even flip up if you apply a lot of force.
- Also, you might see light streaking on the floor as well.
Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop
The Bissell PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop is a reliable and popular steam mop. It does a decent job of cleaning your floors. It is a convertible handheld device and a mop that comes with a lot of useful accessories and attachments for cleaning your house.
Furthermore, you can also control the steam so that you can clean various surfaces effectively without causing damage. It has two steam modes, Low steam and Hi steam.
This steam mop is designed to clean hard flooring such as laminate, tile, ceramic, marble, stone, etc. However, we still recommend you use low steam mode to clean your laminate floors. Additionally, you should also sweep or vacuum the floor before cleaning the floor with this steam mop.
Just like the above-mentioned steam mop, it requires water to operate and we recommend you use distilled or demineralized water for increasing the longevity of the steam mop.
It also uses a microfiber mop pad so you shouldn’t worry about damaging or scratching your laminate floors. You can simply convert this steam mop into a handheld steamer just by removing the extension wand.
With this along with additional accessories and attachments, you can clean dirt and time for grout, kitchen and bathroom sinks, countertops, and many more. You can steam larger areas above floors with the 9x Flat Surface Tool and reach difficult corners and places with the angle tool.
The microfiber mop pads are machine washable and can be reused for future use. You can buy a new mop pad at a lower price at the market if the mop pad gets damaged.
With this steam mop, you can clean larger areas as it has got a 25 ft long power cord. So, you won’t be needing an extension cord. Also, it can hold up to 11.8 ounces of water in the water reservoir so that you won’t be wasting your time refilling the steam mop in the middle of cleaning your floor.
It is not soo heavy as it is just 6.125 lbs heavy. Moreover, you won’t have to experience back pain as 46.5 inches tall. It is quite sturdy and requires only 30 seconds to heat up.
- It is very easy to assemble and can be used to clean a lot of things at your house.
- You can easily maneuver this equipment due to its swivel steering.
- The power cord is long and the water tank stores a good amount of water so you won’t have to worry about anything while cleaning your floor such as refilling and using extension cords.
- It allows the user to control the steam with the on-demand steam trigger so it’s quite versatile as well.
- It comes with a lot of useful accessories and attachments for cleaning a lot of things besides just floors.
- The mop pads are washable and reusable.
- The steam mop doesn’t have an on/off button so the steam starts heating up right after you plug it in. So, the user must be prepared to clean it and be careful to not let it stand still as it might damage the floor.
- Even though it comes with a lot of accessories and attachments, not every one of them is high quality as some cheap steam cleaners can also do the same job. Also, some of the attachments aren’t very durable so you might have to buy extra.
- One major flaw of this steam mop is that it can’t stand in an upright position on its own. So, the user must be careful at all times not to drop the steam mop as it can seriously damage it.
- The water reservoir isn’t removable so refilling the water might be a little time-consuming.
Light ‘N’ Easy All-In-One Steam Mop
If you want a very versatile and multipurpose steam mop then Light ‘N’ Easy All-In-One Steam Mop is the best steam mop for you. It also has got three steam mops called Low, Med, and Hi so that you can clean various surfaces. You should use low steam mode while cleaning your laminate floor.
This steam mop is also detachable and can be used as a handheld steamer for cleaning above-floor surfaces. Like other steam mops, it also requires water to function.
But if you want to increase the longevity of your equipment then you should use demineralized or distilled water. However, you must be careful not to put a cleaning agent, oil, or any other liquid into the water tank as it might damage the equipment and cause health hazards.
Additionally, it has got a steam touch button which you can use in the handheld steamer to start steaming. Also, you won’t have to worry about damaging your floor with the steam as you can simply turn off the steam by keeping the mop in the upright position. It also uses a microfiber mop pad so you won’t have to worry about scratching your floor.
But you are recommended to replace your mop pads once every two months even though it is washable and reusable as they lose their efficiency over time.
You should sweep or vacuum the floor before use as the equipment is not good at removing dirt and your floor can get scratched. It has a decent water reservoir that can hold up to 11.5 ounces/340 ml of water so you won’t have to worry about refilling your steam mop while cleaning your floor.
It can be slightly heavy as it is 6.3 lbs heavy. But it is still easy to use and maneuver so you won’t have to worry about putting a lot of effort into cleaning. It also comes with a carpet glider as well so you can also clean carpeted floors and other similar surfaces.
- It is efficient and easy to maneuver.
- It has a smart steam control feature that protects your floor from getting burned or damaged.
- It can stand on its own in an upright position so you don’t have to worry about it falling down.
- The mop pads are replaceable and washable.
- It lets the user control the steam according to the need.
- It is versatile as it can be used to clean above-floor surfaces as well.
- The steam that it produces isn’t consistent.
- While it has the smart steam control feature, you might have to wait for the steam to heat up once you place the steam in an upright position.
- Furthermore, the handheld steamer might allow you to clean above-floor surfaces but there is a lot of better equipment in the market that is specially designed for above-floor surface cleaning.
Buying Guide For Steam Mop for Laminate Floors
There are certainly thousands of steam mops and choosing the best one for your laminate floors can be quite challenging. Well, you can certainly buy the above-mentioned steam mops as all of them do an excellent job cleaning your laminate floors.
However, if you decide to want to buy a steam mop besides the above-mentioned steam mops then you must consider the following things before buying a steam mop for your laminate floors.
Controlling the intensity and amount of steam
Laminate floors can withstand temperatures between 65 °F to 85 °F only so you must not buy any steam mop which produces a lot of heat as it is sensitive to heat. You should always look for a steam mop that lets you control the intensity and amount of steam.
The steam mops that have steam control features usually have two or three steam mods but for laminate floors, you should use the lowest setting always so that your laminate floor doesn’t get damaged.
The capacity of the water reservoir
You will probably feel annoyed if you have to fill the steam mop with water time and again while cleaning your floor. So, make sure that the stem mop you are going to buy can store a good amount of water. As there is a saying “the more the merrier”, you shouldn’t shy away from getting a steam mop with a large water reservoir.
A steam mop with over 10 ounces of the water reservoir is very good. If you have a very large area to clean then you should also consider buying a steam mop with a super-sized water reservoir such as OApier S6 Plus Steam Mop, POLTI Vaporetto, etc.
Performance is key as the main objective of buying a steam mop is for cleaning. So, make sure the steam mop you are going to die on can easily clean your floor and remove tough stains. Furthermore, you should also learn how to maintain your steam mop so that your steam mop can perform well. A good steam mop can easily clean your floor with one or two sweeps.
Time required for the equipment to get ready
As there’s a saying, “Time and tides wait for none”, you probably want to buy a steam mop to lessen the effort and time to clean your floor. Thus, you must buy a steam mop which requires only a couple of minutes to get ready before cleaning. Avoid buying a steam mop that requires more than a minute to heat up or get ready.
Quality and durability
While it may be basic but you should probably focus on the quality of the steam. You should check if the product is manufactured well and has a good reputation in the market.
Avoid buying cheap and fake unknown brands in the market because the steam mop might work well in the beginning but can get easily damaged after some time. You will be saving a lot of money as the most durable steam mops that are available in the market last for five to eight years on average.
Height and Weight
You probably make your life easier while cleaning your homes. So, if your steam mop is lightweight and has a decent height, you won’t be putting a lot of strain on your body and will be able to easily clean your homes with less time and effort. Make sure the steam mop you want to buy is very comfortable to use and easy to maneuver.
Attachments and accessories
Nowadays a lot of steam mop comes with a lot of attachments and accessories. You should know the function of each attachment and accessory so you can fully utilize it. Moreover, you should also check its quality and durability because most of the attachments and accessories aren’t built properly and are of low quality.
One of the important things you must consider before buying the steam mop is its cost. In general, a good steam mop costs more than $50. You shouldn’t buy a very cheap steam mop as it gets damaged quickly and doesn’t perform well as compared to the above-mentioned steam mops or slightly expensive steam mops.
Furthermore, you should also avoid buying too expensive steam mops as there are lots of good steam mops that you can buy at an affordable price of somewhere between $150-$250 with the same performance.
No matter how expensive your steam mop is, make sure you get a warranty over one or two years as any steam mop can get damaged. There is no steam mop in the world that will last forever so make sure you have your warranty so that you will be compensated. This will save you a lot of money.
Are Steam Mops Safe for Laminate Floors?
As mentioned earlier, laminate floors can only withstand temperatures from 65 °F to 85 °F so it is not recommended to use a steam mop on your usual laminate floors. Furthermore, your warranty might not cover the damages made by the steam mop. However, you can still use a steam mop to clean your laminate floors if you use it properly and only on a sealed laminate.
The laminate floors are sensitive to moisture and heat so you can only use a steam mop that generates less heat for cleaning and doesn’t wet your floor a lot. Additionally, make sure the steam mop that you are using uses soft microfiber mop pads so that you won’t be scratching or damaging your laminate floors. You should carefully read the manufacturer’s instructions to know if you can really use a steam mop on your laminate floors.
Also, be careful to continuously move your steam mop as cleaning the same spot with steam could accumulate a large amount of heat and damage your floor. You should also test the steam mop in a small corner to see if it damages your laminate floor. We recommend you clean the floor with a steam mop in the same direction as the natural grain of the floor because the moisture can penetrate through tiny cracks and crevices, causing damage if you go against it.
How to properly use a steam mop on Laminate Floors?
Now, you know that you can use a steam mop on laminate floors. So, let’s learn how to properly clean your laminate floors with a steam mop. Because if you don’t then your laminate floor will start rotting or molds might appear if you don’t use it properly. You just have to follow the steps in order to properly use a stem mop on laminate floors.
Firstly, you should vacuum or sweep the floor before you start steam-mopping your floor. That’s because the dirt and debris can scratch or damage the floor and the steam mop can’t remove it. You should also move your furniture when you sweep or vacuum because dust particles accumulate under your furniture.
Secondly, always use a clean mop because a dirty mop won’t be able to absorb all the dirt efficiently and you will be only pushing the dirt from one place to another. Make sure you always carry an extra clean mop as you might need it while cleaning larger areas.
Thirdly, you should always check whether the water reservoir is filled before cleaning. Furthermore, you should inspect every part if possible and make sure you use distilled or demineralized water.
Fourthly, you should use the steam mop on your lowest setting as the laminate floors are quite sensitive to heat and moisture. But still, make sure to move your steam mop continuously so that you won’t accumulate heat only in one place for a long time and damage the floor. You might have to wait for some minutes for the steam mop to heat up.
Fifthly, be careful not to use multi-surface cleaners as they will dull your laminate flooring.
Lastly, if there are areas on your floor that haven’t been cleaned for ages and has tough stains, grease or dirt then you must treat the area beforehand with a paste of water or bicarbonate water or other chemicals before you start using your steam mop.
What’s the best way to clean Laminate flooring?
Cleaning with a steam mop can be risky as the laminate floors are sensitive to moisture and heat. However, there is another way to clean your laminate floor that doesn’t damage it. Well, you just have to vacuum or sweep the floor to remove the surface first.
If you use a wet mop without vacuuming the floor then all of the dirt will be stuck in the mop and it will simply spread to other areas. Moreover, you can also scratch and pit the surface of your laminate floor. Vacuuming is the best option as it is very effective at removing all dust particles.
After you vacuum the floor, you should get a cleaning solution that you can buy from the marker or homemade ones. You can also simply use water for simple cleaning as well. But to make the homemade cleaning solution, you can mix rubbing alcohol with water in a ratio of 1:1. This homemade solution is good for your laminate floor as it vaporizes quickly.
Additionally, you can also use vinegar instead of alcohol in a ratio of 1:2 if you want to sanitize your laminate floors. However, you must be careful while using these solutions because using a lot of cleaners can leave dull your laminate floor’s finish and it might leave some residue as well. The appearance of your laminate floor can change as well.
As you already know that the laminate floor can’t withstand moisture so you should use water or cleaning solutions to the minimum. You must wring out the mop until it’s barely damp and make sure not to leave much water on the floor as it can seriously damage the laminate floor.
Also, be careful not to buy and use any cleaning solutions which doesn’t have a label that says you can use them on laminate floors. Never polish or wax your laminate floors because it is hard to remove them from your laminate floors.
After you have completed mopping your floor, make sure to buff it dry as the floor won’t get damaged due to excess water and the floor gets shiny as well. You can use a dry microfiber mop head, cloth diapers, or any other soft cloth to buff the floor. Don’t apply too much force while buffing the floor and work in circles with your cleaning cloth or mop heads.
We recommend you mop your laminate floor once every two months because frequent moping can damage the floor. For the longevity of your laminate floors, indoor and outdoor can help a lot as it reduces the dirt on the floor. Furthermore, you can also add furniture pads under your furniture and you can also opt for the no-shoe rule in the house as well.
Prolonged exposure to the sunlight can also damage your laminate floors due to heat so make sure you put UV film protection on your windows or you can simply cover the sun with shades or blinds. You might have got pets in your houses as well.
If you have got a pet then you must trim your pet’s nails because the nails can scratch and damage your laminate floors. Accidents can happen at any time and you can also spill your coffee or drinks on the floor.
But make sure you immediately clean the spills as liquids can damage your laminate floors. You can also call a professional for cleaning your laminate floors as they will extend your floor’s longevity.